Saturday, January 24, 2009

Interesting weekend...

I thought I would share a few interesting story from this weekend...

First it started when I dropped Tim off at home after lunch...there was a call on the answering machine...It was from the Eagle Albertsons...wanting Tim to come in and pick up his peanut butter crackers???? What Tim has not had that store for at least 2 years. And he doesn't even carry the crackers at all...he will order them for me if I want some but that is all. He called them back and told them who had their store.

Was that the end ....no when I got home from work...Tim said I just got off the phone with FDA (Food and Drug Administration). Seems that Little Debbie crackers are made by Keebler and Keeblers peanut butter cracker have the salmonella stuff going on with them. Tim told them he doesn't even order them for any of his stores... But they said he still had to give them a list of all his stores and the addresses to them and the address to his warehouse. They have to check out everything. So they will be going to all his stores to see if he has the crackers and if he or the stores have pulled them.....

Crazy but good!! I'm glad they don't take his word for it...it seems you just can't trust everyone now a days. So I'm glad they are checking not only his but everyone that has Keebler products with peanut butter in them.

Way to go FDA!!! Thumbs up to you!!!

Ok fast forward to Saturday morning...driving to Meridian Walmart....I'm going down Eagle road...getting ready to turn into the back way to Walmart....then I scoot over into the bike lane because I thought the car behind me was to close...it just came into my lane. I turn in and it follows me...so I'm driving behind ShopKo, get to the stop sign...make a California stop....just trying to get away from this car.....and then....yep you guessed it, red and blue lights start flashing...Tim said didn't you stop all the way....ummm I guess not. So I roll down my window and get my licence out and the police officer comes to my window and says..."Good Morning...do you know what the speed limit in a parking lot is?" "No" "Well it is 20 mph, and you were going 40 and then you ran the stop sign, can I get your licence and registration please." Yikes!!!

He goes to run my licence while we are still looking for a current registration...can't find it...I'm like great now I have to use my personal day to go to court to show I have a current registration...

He comes back and says..."did you find one?" "Not a current one" He says "That is because it is not registered, and hasn't been for the last 6 months" I'm like "what?, I'm sure we did that"
Him "Nope I just ran it and it is not registered" Great!!!

Lets see going 40 in a 20, running a stop sign, and driving a car that is not registered.....how much do you think that is going to cost?????

Well it cost me....absolutely nothing!!! He just gave me a warning for not being registered so I have 5 days to get it done and get him back the sign paper saying I did!

Wow...once again I say....I Love my Heavenly Father and he Loves Me!!! Just another example of the little blessing in our lives.

If I didn't have a testimony and didn't do the things I should, when he ran my licence he would have found not so good things there and yea it could have been bad!!

Can't wait to see what happens next!!! Ha,ha,ha!!! Bring it on, we are ready!!!

Hope you all have a great day!!

10 comments:

Tim and Terrie (tnt) said...

I need to say that Heavely Father didn't get me off...I got off because I had a clean record and a nice officer.

I'm giving Heavenly Father the credit because...I try to do the things he has asked me to, and so my life is much better than if I didn't.

tabs said...

I don't think it's fair... 40 in a 20 and running a stop sign! LOL... lucky you got a nice officer and didn't have to pay a huge fine!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...now we know why all your children are crazy drivers.

Hollie said...

I've gotten through a few lucky escapes myself. I am not sure exactly how many times I have been pulled over, but I have only had one ticket which should have been doubled, but the officer didn't do that.

Tim and Terrie (tnt) said...

The funny thing is Dad is always saying why are you driving so slow back here, and why do you stop here no one is every coming??? And so now you know I usually don't drive that fast through there and I always stop at the stop sign....except for when there is a cop behind me ;o)
And Tab you forgot that my car is not registered and has not been for 6 months!
Of course the Officer said it would have only been $86 which still sounds cheap to me with all I did ;o(

Heath and Jessica said...

Heath had the same sort of thing happen a while ago because the registration expired & he also got a warning with 5 days to get it registered. If you ever get pulled over by a policeman named Bret Orton, he is my cousin. He is nice.

Tim and Terrie (tnt) said...

Lets just say I'm not planning on getting pulled over again. Ha,ha,ha! I'm usually a pretty go by the rules driver...It makes the fam mad when we are on the interstate and I won't go more than 4-5 miles or speed limit! ha,ha,ha!

Bobbi said...

I would say that was quite the interesting weekend. And really how do you go 40 in a parkinglot? It's usually too crowded. When I was reading the whole thing I kept waiting for you to say you were joking or something. I cannot see you speeding or not having your car registered. This is Terrie Sturges right, maybe this is another Terrie. ;)Love ya;)

Tim and Terrie (tnt) said...

Yes this is Terrie Sturges!! ha,ha,ha!!

It was behind the store at like 7:30 in the morning and no one was there...except for the car tailing me that I was trying to get away from ;o). I was to scared to tell him that I wa trying to get away from him...that would not have sounded good. Ha,ha,ha!!!

Kari said...

Nice!!!! That is hillarious! And thanks for the comments on my blog. I just needed to vent, but I am glad someone can relate to what I am talking about!!